Regional Customized Support Director
Bay Area, CA
START DATE: August 1, 2017
The Regional Customer Support Director at Partners in School Innovation (Partners) is responsible for co-developing strategies for obtaining contracts to deliver customized services to schools and districts Works with the Regional & National Program Development & Support teams to design and deliver discrete products and services for clients to ensure coherence and alignment of Customized Support with the Partner Approach
Provides targeted support and consultation to District and School Leaders to facilitate:
- School transformation and school design coaching and facilitation
- Annual goal setting and planning
- Implementation of Results-Oriented Cycles of Inquiry
- Data analysis
- Professional development and instructional planning
- Co-designs and Facilitates Instructional Leadership Networks in Multiple School Districts
- Work with clients to co-plan customized session objectives, scope and sequence.
- Delivers strong front of room leadership and facilitation as well as small group support to
- Participants.with the Regional Executive Director. The Regional Customer Support Director partners with the Regional and National staff to design services based on Partners’ School Transformation Approach, market services to targeted customers and manages and delivers products and services.
- Adjusts or refines Customized Support content and tools for different school and district personnel while maintaining a consistent “look” and “feel” for Partner’s materials, determining the best ways to package our products for broader distribution.
- Ensure that Customized Support offerings are informed by and developed on current practice in education, adult learning and related fields.
- Contribute to the overall advancement of Partner Approach through regular examination of program effectiveness and determining solutions/designs that will increase demand for Customized Support.
Strategy and Business Development
- Develops and maintains relationships with existing and potential clients to secure business.
- Collaborate with the Regional Executive Director and Customized support team to create annual strategies for the implementation of regional customized support. Sets revenue targets, determines service offerings and target customers, marketing requirements and staffing resources needed to meet objectives.
- Contributes to proposals and contracts for customized services
Assist National and Regional Program Support staff as needed in the fulfillment of intensive school and district transformation contracts and development of internal staff.
Our ideal candidate definitely has:
- Commitment to the Partner mission of achieving educational equity for low-income students of color
- Proven experience as a high-performing teacher leader or instructional coach (minimum three years in the classroom)
- Racial and cultural proficiency – an understanding of the role of racism in the inequities of the
- public school system and demonstrated effectiveness in working through these inequities
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience contributing to effective systems-level reform,
- beyond the classroom
- Coaching or consulting skills and experience – specific experience coaching adults through a
- change process is highly desirable
- Effective interpersonal communication skills with audiences diverse in age, race, etc.; ability to
- build relationships quickly and authentically
- Experience designing, developing and delivering effective professional development for adults
- Effective presentation and facilitation skills
- An orientation toward problem solving and value creation – can identify root causes of problems
- and develop results-oriented solutions
- Aptitude for collecting, analyzing and using data to inform planning
- Strong collaboration skills within a team and with clients – experience interacting with school and district-level administrators is ideal
- A high degree of initiative and tenacity; willingness and drive to see a difficult or ambiguous
- situation through to a satisfactory outcome
- Proven experience as a high-performing site and/or district administrator
- Advanced degree in education or related field
- Administrative Credential
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
With a staff that cares deeply about social justice and equity, we believe that diverse perspectives and
background create a rich work environment. We are committed to building an organization with raised
consciousness in order to impact how we work with school leaders as well as how we work together as a
team. We hope you will join us as we continue to build a diverse organization that fosters a work environment where people from all backgrounds are welcomed and valued.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with experience.
We offer a generous benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision insurance, vacation and sick
leave as well as a 403(b) retirement plan.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Partners in School Innovation is committed to equal employment opportunity in its hiring and employment practices and policies for all staff members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical ability, marital status or veteran status.